Position Summary:This position is one that is primarily outdoors, requires a disciplined mindset and attention to time management. CDS is looking for a capable, experienced and enthusiastic individual to serve as a Quality-of-Life Ambassador.
Job Skills/RequirementsThis is a hands-on position responsible for:
- Addressing unwanted activities, such as aggressive panhandling, homelessness/camping out in public spaces and illegal vending
- Identifying code enforcement issues, such as illegal signage, prohibited uses of public sidewalks, improper trash storage and illegal dumping
- Reporting issues via smartphone applications and collecting data
Desired Skills & Experience Driving-Must have a valid NJ Drivers License and a good driving record
Communications-– Must be able to use android based devices and provide excellent written reports to document broken/damaged amenities, graffiti/illegal signage/posters on public/private property. Must be able to provide basic daily reports related to tasks completed, on-street/park activities and equipment and supply inventories.
- Be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate
- Pass drug screening, motor vehicle and criminal background checks
- Evidence a solid work ethic and verifiable work and driving history
- Have the ability to use a computer, the Internet and email services
- Experience in security industries is a plus
Salary and Benefits
- Phone reimbursement offered
- Seasonal work gear
- Personal/Sick days up to 12 in first year of employment for full-time employees.
- English (Required)
- Only full-time employees eligible